A Quiet Place to Call HomeTucked away off a busy street in Georgetown, is a comfortable home for senior women in need.
Founded in 1868 for Civil War widows, the Aged Woman’s Home of Georgetown continues to serve women in Washington, DC today.
The Home is a historic residence for indigent women, capable of independent living. The Home offers the emotional support, companionship, and security associated with group living. Learn more about the services provided »
The first significant donation to the Home came from W. W. Corcoran, the founder of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. In the past, additional funding came from the guests themselves in the form of laundry and mending jobs. Now, the Home relies upon the generosity of the neighboring community and friends, many of whom volunteer needed services, or make financial donations to the Home and provide gifts to our Guests. Learn how you can help the Home »
We are currently accepting applications
for new Guests
The Aged Woman’s Home of Georgetown is currently accepting applications. Applicants must be women over the age of 62 with limited means. All Guests must be able to maintain activities of daily living without the need for assistance. Inquire by calling or completing our contact form.
Last month, a couple of exciting surprises were discovered by staff in the backyard of the Home. Under a chair, next to the small goldfish pond, and a few feet from a large holly tree, two ducks had quickly, and unbeknownst to the Home's many occupants, built a nest....read more
On Thursday, March 15th, the Guests of the Home celebrated St. Patrick's Day with a full course "Irish" meal. Call it colcannon, call it corned beef and cabbage, call it not really 'quite' Irish — Guests of the Home, staff and the Home's decidedly Irish Board...read more
The Aged Woman’s Home was originally built in 1756 and is considered the second oldest house in Georgetown’s Historic District. Situated on Wisconsin Avenue between M and N Streets, the Home has had its share of renovations through the years. In the 1890’s the front...read more