The Aged Woman’s Home was originally built in 1756 and is considered the second oldest house in Georgetown’s Historic District. Situated on Wisconsin Avenue between M and N Streets, the Home has had its share of renovations through the years. In the 1890’s the front and rear sections of the Home were added. Today, and for the past 150 years, a maximum of 11 women call the house a “Home.” Major renovations in more recent years have included the garden (1995), main office and kitchen (2008.) Mid-way through 2016, 4 rooms simultaneously became available. The Board of Directors made the decision to complete needed upgrades and renovations of these rooms as well as the main hall, living room and dining room. Under the direction of the Board House Manager, Patricia Giebel, the work began to restore and refurbish some of the beautiful original heart pine wood floors in resident rooms, main hall, dining room and living room. Work has begun on painting and refurbishing the main rooms also. New cabinetry, blinds, beds, and curtains have been installed in several of the vacant rooms now ready for new occupants. This work will continue through the Spring. Once the work is complete, we hope you will stop by and see us.